ANGLICAN PRAYER UNITED (APU) GATHERING AT ST. JAMES CHURCH KAMPUNG QUOP 6TH MAY 2018
The gathering was held from 4 PM onward with the theme “Thy Kingdom Come in Malaysia” and the speaker is Rt. Rev’d Danald Jute.
The session saw the participation of various parishes with delegates coming from St. Thomas’ Cathedral Kuching, All Saints’ Church Tabuan Jaya, Tabuan Jaya Anglican church, Jalan Song, St. Faith’s Church, Chawan Road, St. Stephen’s Church, Simunjan, and also from Baptish Church Kuching.
The program started with Praise and worship followed by welcoming speech from Archdeacon Andrew Pahah. He gave the history of St. James Church which was 153 years old, one of the oldest church in Sarawak.
Bishop Danald message was that at this critical time for the Church and the nation, God ministered and moved us forward to pray ‘Thy Kingdom Come’. The Lord’s Prayer , Luke 11: 2. Seek first the Kingdom of God, Luke 12:31
We need to pray and act to bring younger generations to be ministered and to minister to others also. May God Spirit work in us.
Deacon Ivor Lim briefed on the Prayer Points . All churches were to pray for the nation as the Church was a beacon of light to the community. This gathering united the churches, brothers and sisters in Christ.
“Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Pray for God to reign sovereignly over our nation that peace and harmony will not be compromised
- All parishes arise to obey the divine mandate of Christ Jesus for the church.
- Seek God’s Kingdom in our lives when we allow Jesus to take control and reflect His Kingdom. We are to rise together as the body of Christ.
- Seek God’s Kingdom in our church programs to be building blocks of faith and knowing God. To be Faith Biilders.
Prayer 1 led by Bishop Danald
Psalms0 47:8 God reigns over the nations.; He is seated on his holy throne.
Micah 6:8 He has told you, what is good; and what does the LORD required of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
- Seek the peace & welfare of our nation before, during and after GE14.
- Votes be wise in picking candidates who are honest, clean & accountable
- Electoral process be clean & for irregularities to be exposed.
Prayer 2 led by Archdeacon Andrew Paha .
(Anglican Kuching Diocese 170years Anniversary, St. James Parish 153rd Anniversary)
- Pray for churches to identify & train more members with a heart to serve the Lord and be His labourers in God’s vineyard
- Pray for Missions & Discipleship following Matthew 28:18,9 Jesus said to them, “All authority in heaven & on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them.., teaching them to obey my commands.
Discipleship: Making disciples with an active faith to follow Christ empowered by his word & Holy Spirit & producing members to serve faithfully in various church ministries.
Prayer 3 led by Rev’d Johnny Ubar.
- Help our youth, teens and children experience the reality of God’s love and guidance in their lives
- Guide them to acquire spiritual habits, involved in church fellowship and having a personal walk with Christ.
2 Timothy 2:22 So flee youthful passions and pursue righteous, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
Romans 8.28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Prayer 4 led by Youth leader Deacon Billy
Bishop Danald also prayed for those in need.
Blessings and Fellowship was arranged by the Coordinator SD. Holden Osin.